Train the Trainer Manual Handling & Safer Moving & Positioning of People (IOSH)
This four day course is presented at our training venue in Needham Market with full use of the latest equipment on the market. It is an essential course for anyone who is involved in he training of Health & Social Care Staff. Here, the emphasis is on developing consistency of care for residents and clients and the psychological wellbeing of people handling carers. By applying skills and methods taught here, organisations will benefit from more motivated staff as well as improved functional mobility of clients.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors, and those responsible for educating others in the moving and handling of people within the health or social care sector. Experience in moving and handling people is essential.
- A relevant healthcare qualification, e.g. nurse, health worker, care assistant
- A prior practical understanding of people moving
- Experience in working in a healthcare/social care setting
- The physical capability of practical people moving and handling
- A keen interest in patient or resident care
To teach trainers how to influence trainees to:
- Move and handle people in a way that requires the least amount of effort
- Move and handle people in a way that provides greater comfort and dignity to the patient or resident
- Understand manual handling legislation as it applies to Healthcare
- Gain a better understanding of spinal mechanics
- How to look after their own back and that of patients / residents
- How to conduct a personal risk assessment for patients / residents
- How to safely move people with and without the use of specialist equipment
- Learning Objectives and Teaching Methods
- Manual Handling Law
- Your Trainers Training Pack
- Practical Sessions and Assessments in People Moving
- Manual Handling Responsibilities
- Anatomy of the Spine and Types of Injuries
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Safe Lifting Techniques - L.I.T.E
- Lifting Objects
- Key Elements of People Moving
- Risks and Controls related to People Moving
- People Moving - Risk Assessments/ Personal Plan
- People Moving Equipment
- People Moving - Controversial Techniques
- People Moving - Good Techniques
Your trainers receive expert course content, props, trainer’s notes and certificates to deliver manual handling and people moving training. As a result, your key staff will have the competence to deliver up to date moving and people handling training so that, risks are reduced to employees and patients/residents AND the risks of prosecution or litigation are reduced.
Here, the emphasis is on developing consistency of care for residents and clients and the psychological wellbeing of people handling carers. By applying skills and methods taught here, organisations will benefit from more motivated staff as well as improved functional mobility of clients.
Assurances Our Train the Trainer course is delivered and written by accredited trainers with proven and appropriate qualifications and experience. Our Manual Handling & Safer Moving & Positioning of People Train the Trainer course is designed and delivered in accordance with national standards, good practice and official guidance. The course meets all legislative requirements and is supported fully by our indemnity insurance. We revise all training courses annually or whenever legislation or guidance changes, whichever is the sooner.
Please note that our course also cover the need to train your staff in Manual Handling of Objects which covers the following:
- lifting an object from the floor onto a platform/table at waist height (lift from floor)
- moving an object from a platform/table at waist height to a platform/table at waist height 1.5m apart (short distance move)
- moving an object from a platform/table at waist height to the floor (lower to floor)
- carrying a load over a distance of 5m negotiating a 90° turn (carry a load with turn)
- moving a load on equipment designed to be pushed over a distance of 5m, negotiating a 90° turn (push a load with turn)
- lifting an object from the floor which requires more than one person to lift it (team lift)
- carrying an object which requires more than one person to lift it, over a distance of 5m and negotiating a 90° turn (team carry)
- lowering an object which requires more than one person to lift it from a ‘carry’ position to the floor (team lowering)
Two written exams + practical assessments of both Manual Handling of Objects & Safer Moving & Positioning of People. Certificates are valid for one year with yearly one day refresher required.
£300.00 + VAT per person at our training venue
(for groups of 12 at our venue please ask for us for a group discount)