Level 1 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing, Catering or Retail
At best, a serious case of food poisoning could damage a business's reputation. At worst, it could endanger customers' lives.
Make sure your business complies with the law by giving your staff a thorough knowledge of basic food hygiene principles and practice. Training in this area can help to ensure the safety of both your business and your customers. Basic Food Hygiene will help employees to establish and maintain high standards of food hygiene.
Who should complete a Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety Course?
- Those who handle low risk foods i.e. raw meat, packaged foods or those working in food areas for other purposes e.g. Cleaners.
- Induction training for new members of staff. However, those that handle high risk foods must acquire a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate within 3 months.
- Front of house and waiting staff
- The importance and use of the right protective clothing
- The importance of correct hand washing
- The importance of reporting an illness
- The importance of wound dressings
- Your personal behaviour and your responsibilities
- Keeping your work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Waste disposal
- Food safety hazards that could cause harm in your work place
- Contamination and cross-contamination
- The hazards caused by pests that you should be aware of
The Level 1 Food Safety Course is a 3 hour course which is accredited by Highfield a Food & Hygiene Awarding Body.Assessment:
There is a test at the end of the course which requires a 66% pass mark in order to receive a certificate which is valid for three years.Costs:
£350.00 + VAT (for up to 12 delegates)