Manual Handling of Children
This 6 hour course is designed to equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to safely carry out Manual Handling tasks within the workplace without risk of injury to yourself or others.
This course is aimed at anyone who completes manual handling tasks and activities within their workplace including Nursery Staff, Foster Parents, Child Minders, Au Pairs and Childcare Workers. As with all Dynamic First Aid Ltd courses, each course is bespoke to your industry type and adjustable according to each client's individual needs, making it more specific and relevant to you or your staff.
The Manual Handling of Children course incorporates the safest handling techniques, it offers advice and guidance on emergency Manual Handling.
- The Legislation and Guidelines relating to Manual Handling, associated roles and responsibilities and relevant Health and Safety Information.
- The Anatomy and Physiology of the spine including relevant structure and function.
- Causes of mechanical back injury and Manual handling related injuries.
- Safer Handling techniques and the use of mechanical aids.
- Risk Assessment and Manual Handling Risk Factors.
- Appropriate systems of work for the individual's task and environment.
- Guidance in Moving Children.
Certification is dependent upon successful continuous assessment, there is no final examination. Those delegates who complete the course, and are deemed to have reached the required standard, are awarded a certificate which is valid for one year.
In-House Only (up to 12 delegates)
£350.00 + VAT
In our training rooms Needham Market (AGA Mobility)
£50.00 + VAT per person (non-accredited)