Health and Safety for New and Expectant Mothers Risk Assessment
Many workplaces with previously acceptable working conditions for women may suddenly become hazardous and contain risks that may affect the health and safety of new and expectant mothers. To ensure that employers consider the special needs of this group (defined as workers who are pregnant, have given birth in the previous six months or are breastfeeding), the 1999 amendments to the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations require employers to assess any specific risks to new and expectant mothers and where they employ any woman of childbearing age. New and expectant mothers may be at risk from a whole range of hazards, from exposure to biological and chemical agents, to constant standing or Manual Handling.
Who should attend this course?Staff in charge of New and expectant mothers and any woman of childbearing age.
In this half day training course delegates will cover:
- Guidelines regarding an employee's responsibility to inform employers that they are pregnant, have recently given birth or are breastfeeding
- Maternity entitlements
- Hazards and risks in the workplace
- What both the employer and employee can do to help manage their health and safety in the workplace
- To raise awareness of the activities and techniques that have the potential to cause harm.
- Working Conditions
- Less Prevalent Hazards
- To enable delegates to understand and conduct a Risk Assessment.
- Aspects of Pregnancy which may affect work
- Breastfeeding or Returning to work within 6 months of delivery
Benefit to your Organisation
- Consistent and effective communication of your policy
- Demonstrate due diligence to vulnerable employees
- Data from risk assessments provide for effective health management
- Compliance with regulations
Certification is dependent upon successful continuous assessment, there is no final examination. Those delegates who complete the course, and are deemed to have reached the required standard, are awarded a certificate which is valid for three years.
In-House Only (up to 12 delegates)
£250.00 + VAT