Sports First Aid - Six Hour Course
First Aid is the initial help we can give a casualty for treatment of any sudden injury or illness until more professional help arrives. Through this initial management of injury or illness suffered, lives can be saved and minor injuries prevented from developing into major ones.
This course will give you all the necessary first aid skills to deal with a whole range of sporting injuries. Anyone involved in sporting activities - from referees and coaches to players can attend and benefit. You will learn how to deal with the type of injuries and medical emergencies that can happen during sporting activities.
- The role of the first aider
- Communicating with a casualty
- Contents of a first aid kit and avoiding cross infection
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures) - adults and children
- requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) - adults and children
- is choking - adults and children
- is wounded and bleeding
- is in shock
- has burns and scalds including friction burns and sunburn
- has fractures including spinal injuries
- has minor bleeding from special areas: face, mouth, tongue, loss of teeth, ripped nails
- has winding
- has chest injuries
- has sprains, strains and dislocations, damage to Achilles tendon and cramp
Certification is dependent upon successful continuous assessment, there is no final examination. Those delegates who complete the course, and are deemed to have reached the required standard, are awarded a certificate which is valid for three years.
In-House (up to 12 delegates)
£300.00 + VAT
Individual (At our venue) s
£70.00 per person + VAT.